Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I cleared a path


eprogress
Originally uploaded by a me.
Guess what? I cleaned out a part of the room in which I paint - at least so I could stand near the painting which is loosly nailed to a wall - and I focused on one head of the current painting. After a couple hours of so-so progress, I see that I shouldn't focus on one small part of the painting at once, especially considering that I'm using acrylics and so the paint in my palette dries and months later when I start on it again I've made some colors which don't have much to do with the ones I used before. So, whatever. I took shots of the head as I progressed and I think that the face with slightly less definition is more intriguing. I'm working off of a photo and I think I got too caught up with trying to capture a certain look in the photo, instead of being more open to how the painted face was progressing, what this new face might want to do. Does that sound goofy?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Amy. :) I've examined your art and find it exquisite. Bravo. My favorite thus far is the one of the ladies. Their expressions are so lifelike, I'm sure I've met them before and not so long ago. One can only imagine what they were talking about that led to those smiles. One thing is for sure, they're enjoying each other's company enormously.

I also like very much the face of the little girl. It was fun to see how it developed. I know it takes time to produce a good painting so I'll be patient, but I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work. Bookmarked, and will be visiting again soon.

Hope you're having a good day!h

amy said...

Lisa - Hi! Thanks for your kind and encouraging words!

christina said...

I too love the one of the two ladies. The one on the right reminds me so much of my late grandmother.

So glad you started a blog!